Progressives will preserve Vermont’s national leadership as a champion of civil rights, in the tradition of Vermont’s history as the first state to outlaw slavery. Progressives believe our right to personal privacy, guaranteed in the U.S. Constitution, is unconditional. We will work to:
- Support marriage equity for same-sex couples.
- Ensure women’s rights to control their bodies and their choices.
- Establish a Zero-Tolerance standard statewide toward all forms of discrimination and harassment (e.g., sexual) in schools and workplaces.
- Protect the confidentiality of commercial transactions and medical information.
- Restrict the ability of the state, cities, and towns to eavesdrop on private citizens.