Whereas George W. Bush and Richard Cheney have:
1. Misled the nation about Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction.
2. Misled the nation about ties between Iraq and Al Qaeda
3. Used these falsehoods to lead our nation into a war unsupported by international law.
4. Not told the truth about the American policy with respect to the use of torture, and
5. Directed the government to engage in domestic spying, in direct contravention of U.S. law,
Therefore, the Vermont Progressive Party State Committee requests Vermont’s representative to the U.S. House of Representatives to file articles of impeachment to remove Bush and Cheney from office.
adopted May 19, 2007